[New York City, NY, November 9, 2023] – Kontakt.io, the leader in Indoor Journey Analytics, unveils two new Bluetooth® LE gateways as part of its location-based IoT solutions for healthcare, workplaces, and other industries: Portal Light 2 and Portal Light 2 IR.
Smaller than their predecessor Portal Light, these new models are packed with groundbreaking features to amplify indoor IoT connectivity and extend digital use cases, empowering businesses to transform operational efficiencies and human experiences.
Portal Light 2: Small in Size, Big on Performance
- Unparalleled Connectivity: With BLE 5.0 and 5.3 compatibility, Portal Light 2 brings a greater range, higher speeds, and more broadcasting capacity. It offers 2.4 and 5 GHz Wi-Fi support to increase the reliability and flexibility of the network connection. Portal Light 2 can listen to and push updates simultaneously on two concurrent Bluetooth channels. Lastly, its improved antenna design allows the gateway to send and receive signals from all directions with the same level of strength, guaranteeing a reliable and consistent connection.
- Size Matters: Unlike traditional bulky plugs, Portal Light 2 is thoughtfully designed to be unobtrusive in any environment, ensuring it doesn’t block adjacent power outlets, even in double plug configurations.
- Reliable Power: With a 15A pass-through, Portal Light 2 can confidently support a wide range of office and medical devices, providing the ultimate power reliability for business and healthcare operations.
- Plug-and-Play Compatibility: Like all other Kontakt.io products, Portal Light 2 is an out-of-the-box gateway that enables rapid IoT implementation while offering compatibility with future access points as the deployment scales.
Portal Light 2 IR: Where Smart Lights and IoT Converge
- Smart Light Connected: For buildings that already have LED smart lights, Portal Light 2 IR is the go-to gateway designed to fit into the controller socket of existing lighting systems or digital ceilings. No more costly investments in standalone digital solutions—this ultra-slim gateway unlocks a wealth of IoT and RTLS opportunities for businesses looking to cost-effectively digitize retrofits or new constructions.
- Versatile Power Options: While Portal Light 2 IR can harness power through your existing smart lights, it can also be powered by PoE as a standalone gateway by plugging it into the ceiling. This adaptability ensures that it seamlessly integrates into any environment.
- Two-in-One Precision: Equipped with BLE and Infrared (IR) technologies, Portal Light 2 IR Mini offers precise location tracking with room-level accuracy.
- Unrivaled Connectivity: Like Portal Light 2, this gateway is also BLE 5.0 and 5.3 compatible, offering 2.4 and 5 GHz Wi-Fi support to enhance the network connection, with the ability to listen to and push updates simultaneously.