Gateway v1.2.4 Works Faster and More Efficiently
We released a new version of the Gateway firmware that makes its two core features—the ability to collect and send data to the cloud and the ability to trigger actions based on location-related events—even more powerful.
Here’s what the new firmware brings:
- better data compression when sending data to API → Depending on the frequency of the data sent and the number of beacons in range, Gateways running on older firmware versions would send a lot of data. The new update makes the Gateway 5x more efficient by better compressing data, helping users who have limited data bandwidth or struggle with network overloads.
- local action triggers → You can now use triggers locally, without any internet connection.
- fast restart → We’ve reduced the time Gateway needs to reboot from around 60 seconds down to 15 seconds.
- soft reset for faster configuration → From now on, all Gateway configurations are applied faster as it no longer has to do a full reset each time it receives new settings.
- several bug fixes to make your fleet run more smoothly.